This blog....

Food IS love made tangible... it is a gift that meets the needs of the soul as well as the body. I have found that preparing and presenting food with great care is worth the effort....creating an atmosphere that warmly invites guests to linger. As Julia Child said, "Nothing is too much trouble, if it turns out as it should."

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Late Summer Pasta Dish

With the abundance of fresh veggies available this time of year, I decided to experiment with a pasta dish, using penne pasta, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and onions. I cooked the pasta, while sauteing the cut up veggies. For spice, I used Sambal Olek Chili Paste (just a 1/2 tsp). [Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli sauce, a product of Thailand, would also be a great choice, for a bit sweeter flavor.] I topped the dish with feta cheese. It was not only beautiful, but delicious!