This blog....

Food IS love made tangible... it is a gift that meets the needs of the soul as well as the body. I have found that preparing and presenting food with great care is worth the effort....creating an atmosphere that warmly invites guests to linger. As Julia Child said, "Nothing is too much trouble, if it turns out as it should."

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

New Dish!

What's for dinner?  Tonight, I looked in the frig, and saw a bag of ready-to-eat-coleslaw, just waiting to be eaten.  I love coleslaw, but who can eat an entire bag?  So, I decided to cook it and add some pork for a main dish.
I sauteed the coleslaw in extra virgin olive oil; added some Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, a few crushed peanuts & red pepper.  Meanwhile, I cut the pork into small pieces and fried them in olive oil, along with a bit of salt and red pepper.  After they were browned and well-cooked, I added them to the cabbage mix. I cooked it all for a few more minutes, so the flavors would permeate.... added some fresh parsley from my small herb garden, and Voila!  Dinner!  It was spicy and crunchy, and a clementine Izzy cooled it all down to perfection.