This blog....

Food IS love made tangible... it is a gift that meets the needs of the soul as well as the body. I have found that preparing and presenting food with great care is worth the effort....creating an atmosphere that warmly invites guests to linger. As Julia Child said, "Nothing is too much trouble, if it turns out as it should."

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chicken Salad for Summertime

This is a simple summer salad, using approximately equal amounts of chicken, red onion, celery and walnuts.  First, I pan-fried the chicken breast tenderloins in olive oil, with salt and pepper.      While that was cooking, I chopped up red onion, celery and walnuts.  After dicing the cooled chicken, I mixed all the ingredients together, along with a few dashes of lemon pepper and a combination of  half mayonnaise and half Miracle Whip.  I served it on a bed of fresh greens, with tomato slices on the side.