This blog....

Food IS love made tangible... it is a gift that meets the needs of the soul as well as the body. I have found that preparing and presenting food with great care is worth the effort....creating an atmosphere that warmly invites guests to linger. As Julia Child said, "Nothing is too much trouble, if it turns out as it should."

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Turkey



Really and truly, I do the simplest of Thanksgiving turkeys! After cleaning it up a bit, I rub it with olive oil, and then sprinkle with Mrs. Dash.  This year, however, I tried Penzeys Spices: Bavarian Seasoning, mixed with a bit of salt and pepper.  I had some green onions that needed to be used, so I laid these in the cavity.  After a couple hours of roasting at 325, it needed an aluminum foil tent to protect it from getting too brown.  Voila!